- An economic framework which supports global competitiveness, sustainable economic growth, low inflation, low interest rates and fiscal responsibility
- A skilled, productive and flexible workforce and a modern workplace relations system
- Streamlining state and federal approval processes while maintaining environmental protection
- Promoting taxation reforms which reduce Australia’s internationally uncompetitive corporate tax rate
- Delivery of reliable and affordable energy at least cost while putting Australia on a pathway to meeting its emissions reduction targets
- Access to natural resources and competitive markets for land, water, energy, capital, production inputs, human resources, and end products
- Mutually beneficial relationships with Indigenous and local communities through engagement and capacity building
- An industry free of fatalities, injuries and diseases
- Improved environmental performance for sustainable ecosystems.
2018-19 Pre-Budget Submission
The MCA lodged its Pre-Budget submission in February 2018 in advance of the 2018-19 Commonwealth Budget. The submission urges the Federal Government to embrace further budget repair and productivity-enhancing structural reform.
Included in the submission are the results of an MCA survey of member companies on areas considered critical to improving productivity.