Delivering benefits across the mining sector
The MCA is the peak industry body representing companies that produce more than 85 per cent of Australia’s minerals output and generate export earnings worth more than $150 billion a year. The MCA has a reputation for uncompromising advocacy on the issues that matter most to Australia’s mining sector and related industries.
Members benefit from the MCA’s advocacy efforts on issues such as economic and fiscal policy, taxation policy, climate and energy policy, Indigenous affairs, education and skills, safety, labour and deregulation.
The MCA also energetically represents and promotes the benefits of the minerals industry to Australian communities and the national economy.
The MCA benefits from broad industry input. Members have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the development of national public policy by contributing to MCA policy positions and strategy through the MCA’s standing committee
- Benefit from the MCA’s intellectual property and publications including regular members-only briefings on policy developments of interest to the mining sector.
- Participate in policy forums which bring together the industry and its stakeholders in government, business, civil society and communities to debate public policy and promote leading practice
Membership of the MCA is open to companies operating in, or with an interest in, the Australian minerals industry.
Full Membership is extended to companies directly involved in mining, prospecting or contracting activities relating to the obtaining, concentrating, smelting ore refining of minerals.
Application for Associate Membership is open to companies which carry on as their principal business the supply of equipment, materials, services or capital to a company eligible for Full Membership.
Membership of the MCA also brings with it a number of commitments, specifically:
- Signature to Enduring Value – the Australian Minerals Industry Framework for Sustainable Development
- Annual reporting of water use using the MCA Water Accounting Framework
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org