Minerals Week is the industry’s annual opportunity to engage with decision makers in Canberra.
Hosted by the Board of Directors of the Minerals Council of Australia, Minerals Week is a platform for the executive leadership of Australian mining to discuss the policy issues that affect jobs, investment and the wellbeing of mining communities and the national economy.
The critical issues
- The global metals and energy minerals outlook.
- Environment, social and corporate governance investing in Australian mining.
- The next generation of industry and Indigenous partnerships.
- Safe, healthy, respectful and inclusive workplaces.
- The role of mining and METS in reducing emissions and the clean energy transition.
- How to enhance and expand the minerals workforce.
- Tom Palmer, President and CEO, Newmont Corporation
- Dr Bradley Jones, Head of Economic Analysis, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Professor Gary Banks, Melbourne University
- Robyn M. Denholm, Chair, Tesla Inc
- Edgar Basto, President, Minerals Australia, BHP
- Simon Trott, Chief Executive Iron Ore, Rio Tinto
- Ian Silk, Chief Executive, AustralianSuper
- Samantha McCulloch, Head of CCUS Unit, International Energy Agency
- Jamie Lowe, National Native Title Council Chief Executive Officer
- The Hon Tanya Plibersek MP, Shadow Minister for Education, Shadow Minister for Women
- Kate Jenkins, Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Human Rights Commission
- Daniele La Porta, Senior Mining Specialist, Energy and Extractives, World Bank
- Dr Sama Bilbao y León, Director General, World Nuclear Association
- Join the Prime Minister of Australia and 450 government, business and industry leaders at The Australian Minerals Industry Parliamentary Dinner.
- Hear from the Hon Anthony Albanese MP at the Minerals Week Opposition Leader’s Lunch.
- Debate Canberra’s approach to mining at the Minister and Shadow Minister’s Minerals Week Seminar Breakfast.
- Mingle with MCA member company executives at the Minerals Week Welcome Reception at the National Portrait Gallery.
Use the link below to register, book accommodation and to ensure your company's participation in Minerals Week 2021.