Women in Resources National Awards (WIRNA)
WIRNA recognises and celebrates the achievements of women and gender diversity champions across Australia’s resources sector. Established in 2013, the awards demonstrate the diverse careers available to women in the sector and the industry's commitment to attract, train, encourage and promote women. Winners from the state and territory women in resources awards are eligable to nominate for the national awards in the following categories.
- Exceptional Woman in Australian Resources
- Outstanding Tradeswoman/Operator/Technician in Australian Resources
- Maptek Women in Resources Technological Innovation Award
- Exceptional Young Women in Australian Resources
- Gender Diversity Champion in Australian Resources
- Excellence in Company Programs and Performance
CMEWA Women in Resources Awards
Established in 2010 by the Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia, the Women in Resources Awards (WIRA) are designed to recognise individuals and organisations working to build a world-class industry which provides attractive career opportunities and enhances the recognition and participation of women in the sector.
Each year WIRA attracts hundreds of entries across a range of categories, including:
- Outstanding Woman in Resources
- Outstanding Young Woman in Resources
- Outstanding Operator/Technician/Trade Woman
- Women in Resources Technological Innovation Award
- Outstanding Company Initiative
- Women in Resources Champion (Male or Female)
For more information about WIRA, visit the awards website: http://wira.net.au/
NSW Women in Mining Awards
A growing number of women in leadership positions and roles across NSW mine sites are making an important contribution to a successful NSW mining industry.
The NSW Women in Mining Awards highlight the role that women play in our industry and recognise the achievements of the outstanding women and gender diversity champions working in our mining companies and supplier businesses.
These awards demonstrate the efforts being made to promote greater opportunity and participation for women in mining, and showcase the increasing number of career paths that are available to women in the mining sector.
- Watch the 2020 NSW Women in Mining Awards here
- Watch the 2019 Women in Resources National Awards highlights and interviews with winners
- Watch the interviews of the winners at the 2019 NSW Women in Mining Awards
Queensland Women in Resources Awards
These awards were introduced in 2006 to promote the achievements of women in the resources sector in Queensland, as well as the advantages of improved gender diversity in the sector.
The awards provide a platform to develop ambassadors, role models, champions and mentors to aid the attraction, retention and development of women in the resources sector.
For more information about the awards, and the QRC’s diversity initiatives click here.
South Australian Women in Resources Awards
The South Australian Chamber of Mines & Energy is proud to host the South Australian Women in Resources Awards. The awards recognise exceptional women in resources as vital if we are to meet the growing demand for professionals in South Australia’s high-tech, highly-skilled resources sector.
By celebrating women who are contributing to the success of the resources sector and championing diversity, the awards are an important recognition of excellence in the sector in South Australia.