Nominations for 2020 are now closed.
Talented women working in Australia’s world-leading minerals industry are been invited to take the next step in their careers by applying for one of two Exceptional Women in Australian Mining scholarships offered by the MCA.
The $12,000 scholarships will fund two women to complete the Company Directors Course at the Australian Institute of Company Directors on the roles and duties of board directors.
The course includes topics on effective decision-making, the legal aspects of directorship, financial literacy and strategy as well as putting the lessons into practice.
To be eligible, applicants must be Australian based and be nominated by an MCA member or associate member company. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women with disabilities and women from Regional Australia are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Enrolment in the AICD Company Directors Course via one of the following formats:
- Residential program. Five and a half day residential at select locations around Australia (must be at the recipient's nearest location)
- Intensive program. Five days over one or two weeks at locations around Australia
- Flexible. Full or half day sessions over five or ten weeks at locations across Australia
- Correspondence. For those not able to attend in person – allow up to six months to complete
- One year membership of the AICD
- Reasonable travel and accommodation costs up to the value of $2000 (not applicable for the residential program)
- Travel and accommodation to attend MCA Minerals Week to receive the scholarship award
- Value: $12,000 per scholarship (maximum)
- Only applications which fully address the selection criteria and have a CV/resume attached will be considered
- Applicants must be resident in Australia at the time of application and complete the course in Australia to be eligible
- Applicants must not have attempted nor completed the AICD Company Directors Course before
- Attendance at MCA Minerals Week to formally be awarded the scholarship
- Participation in MCA diversity and inclusion programs on occasion
- Course must be successfully completed before 30 June 2021
- Recipients who do not complete the course within the required timeframe may be required to refund the full value of their scholarship
- Should you not be contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful